SEPTEMBER 28 – OCTOBER 2
Forget every traditional conference you have ever been to, and prepare for a totally new experience.
Be engaged, connected and inspired
We all share a desire to improve health outcomes across the world, and Coda 2020 will be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for to convert that desire into action.
Having experienced the enormous energy of an engaged community through the SMACC conferences, we know that inspiring the Coda community is pivotal to achieving our mutual goals – so we’re planning to supercharge every aspect of Coda 2020 to ensure that you’re connected and engaged like never before.
Coda 2020 will deliver:
- The most captivating and thought-provoking healthcare program so far.
- Incredibly inspiring speakers with compelling messages.
- A huge variety of program formats to stimulate and engage.
- Unparalleled production qualities guaranteed to capture your attention.
- Unforgettable social events to relax, recharge and connect.
- A community experience that is diverse and inclusive in every way.
CODA 2020 Program – what to expect
There are two distinct program components:
Workshops / Mini-congresses: September 28 – 29
The two day ‘Workshop’ and ‘mini-congress’ program will provide a diverse choice, from hands on small group clinical workshop experiences to data heavy technical updates in the mini-congresses. These workshops will cater for the needs of specific craft groups across all of healthcare including: Critical Care, Surgery, Medicine, Pre-hospital Medicine, Paediatrics, Family Medicine, Medical Administration, Research, Policy and many more.
In addition, there will be a variety of workshops on topics of interest to all delegates, such as Delivering Feedback, Communication Skills, Wellbeing, Creating Engaging Presentations, Compassion Lab and the Health Economics of Providing Sustainable Healthcare.
Of course, all of these workshops will be delivered in Coda style and inspiration for maximum engagement and impact.
Coda 2020: September 30 – October 2
Expect to see the best speakers presenting on a diverse range of carefully chosen issues of vital relevance to the entire healthcare community. From clinical medicine, to learning, teaching, communicating, teamwork, crisis management, wellbeing, equity within medicine, dissemination of medical information, health economics and much more.
Importantly, the Coda community chose the climate emergency as the issue posing the greatest threat to global health today. Accordingly, for Coda 2020, approximately 25% of the plenary program will be dedicated to delivering action prescriptions for how the Coda community can take meaningful steps and implement practical changes to combat this crisis.
So, while action on the climate emergency is a central outcome for Coda 2020, it is still only a portion of the plenary program.
We recognise that the challenges facing global health are many, so our programming reflects this.
Coda Earth – a prescription for climate emergency actions
Coda’s approach to action on the climate emergency will be truly unique.
Not only will we be uniting the entire healthcare community to take action, but we will also be engaging in a new and collaborative way, so we can go further, faster.
We have already begun convening expert teams from around the world as the first step in a three-phase plan:
- The expert teams will develop a preliminary set of action plans for us all to review prior to Coda 2020.
- The ‘blueprint prescriptions’ will be curated and published in traditional journals as well as online, and then further publicised on social platforms by mid-2020.
- We will distil meaningful signals from the conversations that are happening around the action plans as a means of proofing and refining the final blueprints.
This multi-step process will enable the production of ‘expert designed – crowd sourced refined’ prescriptions for the planet. These final action plans will presented as part of Coda 2020.